Trina D. Lambert
Richmond, Virginia 23226
Summary of Experience
Over 10 years of design experience with a broad range of print and web projects under my belt. Several years of experience at a senior level, with a few years experience in art direction, while managing a team of designers. Strong communication, decision-making and leadership skills. Currently a member of AIGA, the professional association for design.
OWENS & MINOR
Graphic Designer (January 2012 – present)
- Responsible for conceptualizing, designing and producing a diverse range of internal and external materials including print, web and multimedia.
- Work closely with team members and other internal customers company wide to develop design concepts and solutions to meet project requirements. This includes selecting media, preparing and presenting creative proposals, setting timelines, tracking project progress and meeting deadlines.
- Perform photo scanning, photo retouching, production and some photography.
Graphic Designer (August 2011 – December 2011)
- Designed marketing for both print and web – projects include brochures, advertisements, invites and various print collateral, along with web gallery graphics, websites and web banner ads.
- Contributed to client, vendor and internal team meetings.
- Brainstormed new promotional campaigns for clients, while working with the Creative Director and Strategist, to bring ideas to life.
J H I
Graphic Designer (November 2010 – April 2011)
- Designed for both print and web in a very fast-paced – team oriented – agency environment.
- Produced a wide array of advertising layouts for several campaigns that were run in high-profile publications such as USA Today and The Washington Post.
- Created artwork for a variety of large-scale exhibit displays ranging from pole banner layouts to dioramas to backlit airport displays.
- Contributed in brainstorming sessions for new clients’ branding ideas as well as new advertising campaigns.
VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH UNIVERSITY
Assistant Director for Print Design // VCU Creative Services (November 2007 – August 2010)
- Oversaw the art direction of print marketing materials for the university and it’s constituents, working under the leadership of the department director.
- Supervised and coordinated the work of graphic designers while ensuring the finished product reflected a unified conceptual approach.
- Collaborated with department management team to aid in the oversight and management of the print area and department.
- Created a variety of graphic design – print and web work – with an emphasis on annual reports, magazines and brochure layouts.
Print Design Manager // VCU Creative Services (April 2007 – November 2007)
- Provided management of the print design area, including the creative process, concept development, design, production of projects.
- Designed for a broad range of clients on both the VCU and VCU Medical Center Campus.
- Worked collaboratively with the Traffic Coordinator to develop schedules and ensure deadlines were met.
Assistant Art Director // VCU Creative Services (February 2002 – April 2007)
- Designed and produced complex print and web promotional media for the university.
- Ensured quality and consistency were maintained throughout the design and production process.
- Helped to determine project objectives and timelines to ensure project completion.
Graphic Designer // VCU Creative Services (October 2001– February 2002)
- Designed a variety of print materials, specializing in text-intensive booklets and catalogs.
- Used style sheets, book palettes, chapter and indexing features to simplify text-intensive layout.
- Ensured technical accuracy of electronic files, and worked with print and paper vendors independently.
Graphic Designer // RU Creative Services (September 2000 – August 2001)
- Designed a wide variety of collateral including media guides, brochures, posters, newsletters, invites and logos.
- Worked within tight deadlines while balancing multiple projects.
- Interviewed clients to determine goals and project objectives.
Graphic Designer // RU Conference Services (May 2000 – September 2000)
- Handled all marketing and advertising coordination.
- Designed all conference materials, including brochures, posters, trade show materials, ads, stationery, logos, folders and booklets.
B.S. Degree in the College of Arts and Sciences // Radford University (December 2000)
Major: Media Studies // Concentration: Advertising
Adobe Creative Suite – Specializing in Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop // Adobe Acrobat // Familiar with Microsoft Office, WordPress and HTML